Monday, April 18, 2011

Another Korean Wedding.

I went to the wedding of 지히 (Ji Hee), one of my Korean co-workers.  지히 doesn't really speak English but she was incredibly kind when I first arrived in Korea.  She would take me out with her friends.  Although our communication was rough, I really appreciated that she tried to make me feel welcome when I was so new to Korea.

A lot of 지히's students from last year came to the wedding.  They all sat by me and Julia, an English teacher from last year.  Needless to say, we had the rowdy section of the church.  In a previous post, I explained more about Korean weddings.  If you want to check out that post, go to:  http://katieskoreanadventure.blogspot.com/2010/12/korean-wedding.html

Typically weddings in Korea are done at a Wedding Hall & Buffet; however, 지히 and her husband are pretty religious and decided to get married in their church.

The photo below is of me and Laura:) 
 It's tradition that our teachers always sing a song to the bride and groom at the wedding.

 After the bowing to the parents.
 The kids were so excited to see their former teacher walk down the aisle.
 haha.  We didn't really listen to the preacher's message...okay, at least MY excuse is that I couldn't understand him!
 Me and another Korean teacher.  Her English name is Lily.  Many Koreans have English names regardless of how much English they speak.  They've all (pretty much) had to take English as a kid.
 Julia (an English teacher from last year), our principal, and me
 The family.
 지히's immediate family.
 ahhhh....I LOVE this picture of them in hanbok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment