Sunday, March 27, 2011

Norebang!

Norebang!  Everyone in Korea goes to Norebang - foreigners and Koreans, alike.  Remember bang means room, as noted in several other posts on bangs.  Nore means, singing...  So a norebang is a private karaoke room and a lot of fun.  The best time for going to the norebang, in my opinion, is after a few cocktails.  I am a terrible singer, as everyone already knows, so a little liquid encouragemnt goes a long way.

The computer graphics on the screen are usually hilarious and are in no way related to the song.

The list of songs is enormous and there are plenty to chose from in English.  They've got everything from Beyonce to Kenny Rogers to Celin Dion.  I have my usual songs I pick:  La Bamba, Basketcase (Green Day), Bohemian Rhapsody, etc.  Someone else always choses Britney Spears and Spice Girls - no matter who I go with - it always happens.  Below is the book of song options.
Again...I find this photo has nothing to do with anarchy.
I went with my coworkers once.  They were the best!!  Norebangs are also equipped with tambourines!

Sometimes norebang turns into a dance party!
 ...We even know a few Korean dances and songs!
 And there is usally a few of these!
 And the best, is when the night ends here after norebang.  Singing builds up an appetite for pancakes and egg McMuffins!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    Enjoyed reading your blogs. Very interesting Korean adventure indeed. Wished someday, I could have the same opportunity to work in Korea as you did.
    Angie(Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete