Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dr. Fish (again)

I wrote about Dr. Fish a while ago but after going again last week, I thought I'd add a post with more details.

Dr. Fish is fading out in Korea, which is a shame.  You can get Dr. Fish done in nice coffee shops.  You have to buy a coffee and an extra 2,000 won if you want to do Dr. Fish ($1.80 USD).  They have an all-you-can-eat bread bar with jam and butter.  Because good bread is hard to come by in Korea, I LOVE this!  The photo below is of the Dr. Fish Coffee Shop atmosphere.
This type of fish is called:  garra ruffa.  They originate from the river basins of the Northern and Central Middle East such as:  Turkey, Syria, Iraq, and Iran.  They eat the dead skin off of your feet.
There were two tanks.  One with smaller fish like the photo below.
And one with larger fish, like the one below.  Last time I went to Dr. Fish, they didn't have the larger ones.  The big ones were a much better, scarier experience.  Instead of vibrating feet, it felt like my feet were being scrubbed.
Here is a video of me and my co-worker at Dr. Fish.  The bigger fish were really ticklish!  I really love Dr. Fish.  It makes me feet nice and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment