Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brazilian BBQ and a DVD 방

Last Thursday and Friday I went with a couple of fun Suwon Meetup Groups.  Meetup is a website where groups post different activities where you can meet new people.  It's a great way to meet people from your neighborhood.

On Thursday, we went to Songtan for Brazilian Barbeque.  Songtan is at the Osan U.S. Air Base.  Because there are so many foreigners in that area, there are so many foreign restaurants...a little slice of Heaven minus the fact that you have to deal with U.S. soldiers in that area.

I was having a little bit of trouble with my camera at the Brazilian Restaurant called, Fogo Grill.  So...I didn't really get any good photos.  How it works is, they have a list of different meats that they bring to your table one-by-one.  It's all-you-can-eat quality meats.  They have a salad bar with beef stew which is also very good.  They start with a sirloin steak and bring several cuts as well along with some pork sausage and chicken.  They bring them on a really long skewer, straight from the grill.  Meat in Korea, especially beef, can be a little expensive.  So...all you can eat meat for less than $25 is a great deal.  I woke up the next morning still feeling full.  I finally got my camera working at the end of the dinner...this is all the meat that was left:)
They brought us warm pineapple with cinnamon and sugar on it for dessert.  It was so delicous.  I would have never thought pineapple would be so great warm.  As you can see, much like the meat, they bring it on a long skewer and cut it right at the table.
On Friday we headed to a DVD 방 Bang (pronounced b-ah-ng).  Bang simply means "room" in Korean.  You go in and chose which movie(s) you'd like to see and the price is based on which movie you are seeing.  We chose one Korean Movie and Red with Bruce Willis.  It is a tiny room with comfortable couches to watch the movie.  We each split the cost and it was $6 for each of us to see the two movies. 

A little DVD 방 background:  Most people who use DVD bangs are not going for the movie like we did.  In most cases, Koreans live with their families until they are married....soooo....DVD bangs can be used as a "date" room...as you can see..there is a need for easy-to-clean leather couches...ewwww!  When I told my co-teachers I was going to a DVD 방, they all asked me if I was going with a boy.

But some come to watch a movie...like us!  I guess if you still lived with your parents, and you legitimatly wanted to watch a movie, you wouldn't want to gather your friends around your parents t.v. anyways.
 The screen is basically the size of the room with a pretty good surround sound system.
Well...I guess my posts haven't been as adventurous as they have been in the past.  I am just trying to write some "everyday Korea" posts...which sometimes get more responses than trips.

Hope you are staying warm wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment