Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sunday at the Track...

Last Sunday I went to Seoul Racecourse Park with a couple of neighbors.  I had been trying to save money and stay in town...so why not gamble??  A few of my horses won, and a few did not.  When I subtracted my winnings from my losses...I only lost about $7.  All in all, not much to spend on an afternoon of fun.

This crowd is checking out the horses to see which ones they want to bet on.
 ...parading the horses around so you can get a good look at them.
 There were sooo many people there...scattered all of the places looking at their programs to decide on their bets.

 Yes!  Very limited information guides compared to the Korean guide, but thankful to have anything in English!
 It was in such a beautiful location with the mountains in the background.


 So many people!
 My Canadian neighbor, Dana...she's amazing!  When I'm sick...she brings me tea!
 Yay!!  My first horse won!!
 This guy was really curious what we were betting on...
 Wow!  I hadn't seen a John Deere in so long!!  Made me feel like I was at home:)
 In case you've never bet on horses before, the screen in the back is showing the odds...

 Koreans always smoke in the bathrooms despite many signs that tell them not to...ewwwww!
 My downstairs neighbors, Alex and Dana...aren't they the cutest!
 They were eating an interesting variety of snacks...persimmons, hard boiled egg, and some sort of powdery, sugary thing.
 hmmmm...gambling problem??
A better view of the tracks where you can check out what the horses look like.
 On the way to go home.  People love these Deli Majoo things, they have a custard inside...so not for me!
 For dinner we stopped at a Korean Traditional Duck Restaurant near my house.  I always wanted to try it and it was as delicious as I had imagined.  We got a  "set menu" so there were many courses of different types/parts of duck.  I forgot to take pictures after the first two courses...

Cooking on the barbeque...
 Duck skin is so delicious!  This was in some spicy sauce.  I really like it!  It had a really good flavor. 
Another great afternoon in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment