Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy 빼빼로 Day!

Today is 11-11; therefore, it's Pepero (빼빼로) Day.  Peperos are thin, long cookie-like candy covered in chocolate.  They are popular enough in Korea to have a day entirely devoted to them and they have chosen this day because 11-11 looks like 4 little sticks, like Peperos...clever, huh?  It's a completely commercialized holiday--even more so than Valentine's Day because everyone (practically) gives out Peperos from one company.  I was sooo happy to get some Ferrero Rochers!  What I like most about Pepero Day are the little cute, "I Love You Katie Teacher", notes that come along with the candy:) 

Here is what I got from my students...looks like I have some re-gifting to do or else I'm gonna be spending a lot of time at the gym next week.

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!! like Korean pocky?! I don't know how I didn't know you were keep a blog till now, but i'm so glad i found it! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one totally approve of any holiday (commerical or not) that exists for the sake of gifting (esp. when it's chocolate!).

    ReplyDelete