Monday, October 4, 2010

Jeju Island: Submarine and Last Day

The last day in Jeju, I went in a submarine.  I figured this might be my one and only opportunity.  Honestly, the view from scuba diving was much better...the coral and fish were much brighter, beautiful, and abundant where we went diving.  This was still a cool experience.

When we got there, we were amazed to find out we were going on a "Pirate Submarine."  This Pirate Ship picked us up at the dock.
 
I loved this guy's shirt...it makes it even better that he is flexing while holding onto his girl.
They were drying squid on the dock where we met the Pirate Ship.  Dried squid is extrememly common in Korea...and extremely smelly...but doesn't taste too bad.

These sisters were so excited to ride on the boat.
Have I mentioned how cute Korean kids are?
What?  A yellow submarine?  Nope...just kidding.
What's even better is a PIRATE SUBMARINE!
In the Submarine...
There were a lot of these zebra-striped fish swimming in schools when I went scuba diving.
Nice!  Wonder how this treasure chest got here??
Some corals...but not as beautiful as the ones we saw diving...not even close!
Back above land.
There was a lot of horseback riding for the tourists along the beach on the Westside.
Lunchtime!  My last meal in Jeju-do was seafood stew...just scrape the tofu off the top and you have one of the best seafood soups I've ever had...it was very delicious.
A couple of people got this dish as well.  I can't remember the name but under the egg is rice mixed with some vegetables.
It was time to leave this beautiful island and aboard a ferry for 13 wonderful hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment