Friday, October 1, 2010

Jeju Island: Loveland XXX

Korea is a very "conservative" society.  Public affection is hardly ever seen, people don't live together before marriage, pharmacists give you "the look" if you are purchasing birth control pills, and being single after 30 is almost shameful.  Several times when marriage has been brought up in my presence to someone over the age of 30 people say, "No, she's not married...but she IS GOING TO BE SOON."  So I ask, "Oh, is she engaged?"  "No."  "Does she have a boyfriend?"  "No, but she will soon!"

So for Korea to have a theme park dedicated to SEX is almost unbelievable.  Here are some photos from my experience at Loveland.  Please remember, this is a theme park dedicated to sex so if you are not comfortable with it...you may want to pass on this post...
Bathroom door handle.
No lying...I saw some kids playing on this statue.  I ran over to get a pic...but I was too late.  Who would ever 1) bring their kids here and 2) allow them to play on this statue!?!
Arrows to guide us through the park
I love the cranes!  They are all over Korea...I always stop and try my luck--so I had to try it at Loveland.  I did not win any of the sex toys inside...better luck next time with the stuffed animals outside of Pizza School.

These were all over...each with instructions on how many times to turn the crank...
One of the girls on my trip got a photo of a father and his daughter on this penis!!!


Although there were many more statues at Loveland, I think you get the picture.  Korea never seizes to surprise me!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Where the hell are you?! My littlest sister loves claw machines. I will never be able to look at them the same...

    ReplyDelete