Thursday, June 10, 2010

Election Time!

Election Day was June 2. A few weeks before the election, they started hanging up banners and handing out flyers for the candidates...unlike U.S. elections when it is several months beforehand. However, that doesn't even begin to demonstrate how different candidates are publicized in Korea. There are these trucks that drive around town BLASTING music and messages on why you should vote for this candidate. Several times I would have to stop class for a moment to wait for the truck to pass because the kids couldn't hear me over the truck. Any popular place in town will look like the video below. This is an intersection in my neighborhood near the subway station later in the evening. Usually there are several trucks like the one in the video lined up. I happened to take a video on a slow day...but I think you'll get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment