Wednesday, April 21, 2010

EVERLAND!

After hearing my students talk and talk about Everland (Korea's #1 Amusement Park), I couldn't reject an invitation to see what the hype was all about.  It is compared to Disney World/Land, and I must say it doesn't come close...my childhood is deeply rooted into Disney, for better or for worse.  Although Everland isn't Disneyland...I was still impressed.  great company...great rides...great time!
Sarah, Kailey, Me, and Sonya.  Everyone buys these silly headbands...why not?
WATER RIDE!  So...this is similar to Thunder Canyon at Valleyfair...except you DON'T GET WET!  I know Koreans are crazy about not getting wet in the rain...but I thought the purpose of a water ride was to GET WET!  Even though there is hardly any water that gets in your boat, you still get a plastic cover...
AND THEN...there are fan when you leave to "dry off"
Here is a photo of the ONLY wet spot on my whole body!  Good thing they had fans to dry off...otherwise I don't know what I'd do...
I ALMOST forgot the BEST PART!!  This is the typical "Attention" Sign that is always before you get on a ride....wait....take a look at #2...

Everland has the LARGEST wooden rollercoaster in the WORLD!  I am quite the thrill seeker...and I was VERY impressed by this ride...the drops were intense!  I thought it was an American custom to put up your hands while riding on a rollercoaster because I was the only one doing it every time we rode.  I asked about it later...and Koreans do it too...I was just the only one brave enough on this ride...

ANIMALS.  The animals were great at Everland.  It was a zoo and an amusement park put into one for roughly $30.

You can even go on a SAFARI.  You ride a bus around into different areas to see the animals.  The animals get so close to the bus that they even touch the bus and we had to stop several times.  Since it was the evening and we had to take photos through the windows...hardly any photos came out.  Here are a few.  I took a video of a bear walking on its hind legs...I'll see if I can figure out how to put that in my blog.
Here are just a few pics around Everland...
It was the tulip festival so there were tulips EVERYWHERE.  And of course, this is Korea...so Everland is situated up and down many hills...

 This part represents the USA
They had AMAZING fireworks at the end of the night.  So fabulous...that I totally forgot to take pics.  It was quite possibly, the best fireworks displays I have ever seen.  After the fireworks began the parade!


No comments:

Post a Comment