Saturday, March 20, 2010

Night Out With My Co-Workers

On Friday night, the English teachers from my school went out for dinner.  It was a lot of fun to get to know eachother outside of work.  First we went out for "traditional Korean" fried chicken and beer.  It was delicious.  They had a sweet and spicy sauce to put on it that I loved.  This, like many restaurants in Korea, is one where you sit on the floor.  Instead of central heat, Koreans use circulated hot water under the floor.  So it is usually quite nice to sit on the floor.  My favorite is to step out of bed in the morning to a warm floor.

These are my co-workers.  From left to right - Kelly, Chris, Julia, Kate, Joy, Danny, Danny's son, Ann, and Me at Jimni Chicken
This is my supervisor, Kate!

Then...we went to another restaurant for SNAILS AND OYSTERS!  It was delicious!!
Lastly, we ended up at a coffee shop.  Unfortunately Kelly has a very tough class.  One day while teaching her class, I decided to make goofy faces to catch their attention.  (I have her class right after lunch which is the worse!)  They decided that it looked like I was Batman.  So EVERYDAY, during the ENTIRE 40 minute class, the kids yell...."BATMAN PLEASE, BATMAN PLEASE!"  But with their accent, it is more like, "BOTMAN PLEASE BOTMAN PLEASE!"  While talking with Kelly, I found out that the kids do that ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!  I feel horrible to inflict such pain on her day!  One teacher, Danny, tried and tried and tried to make the Batman face...but it didn't work out so well...

I'm really lucky to have such great co-workers.  They are a lot of fun and help me out a ton!

Hope all is well back home!  Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment